Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thunderstorms

Ok...I know we need the rain.  Like, we REALLY need the rain...but, I have always hated thunderstorms.  And this weekend we've had 2.

Maybe it's the thunder. That loud cracking, rumbling powerful sound.  And being told as a child that thunder was just the "angels bowling" didn't seem to help me feel better about it. 

Maybe it's the lightning. The bright flash that instantly lights up a dark room. The zig zag bolts that reach the ground...because the ground is where we are standing you know! 

Maybe it's the hail.....noooo, I kind of like the hail. :)

Maybe it's the power outages that storms cause?  Being without electricity in the age of electronic devices can be difficult, but being without water...mainly bathroom privileges, is the worst!

Maybe it's the damaging winds or tornados that can come with these storms?  Yeah, I think this one might be it.  The memory of watching our favorite tree breaking off at the trunk and flying away was really a scary sight!  And going outside to look for it after the storm...well, I'll just say it was a shock to find it sticking out of our neighbors house!! 




 Yes, this is our tree and our neighbors house and I believe it is things like this that confirm my fear of thunderstorms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment