Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Barn Star

A few weeks ago I painted our little storage barn red. We had just put new doors on it, that John made himself (he did a good job didn't he?) and since the new doors needed to be painted, I decided to paint the whole thing and change the color to red. I thought I was totally happy with the way it looked...

But, the back of the barn faces the neighbors yard and a neighborhood street and I wasn't happy with how plain it looked...


So one day I bought a big metal star and thought I'd hang that on the back of the barn...

But, then I thought the star looked too plain. So I got out some painters tape and spray paint and got to work.


First some stripes...


Then some stars...


Then I painted it a tan color, removed all the tape and talked John into hanging it...




Now I'm totally happy with the barn!




1 comment: