Wednesday, July 25, 2012

$chooled by the Roto Rooter Guy

We own a rental property that recently became vacant.  When we went to check the property out we found the bathtub standing full of nasty, stinky water. 

$o we get the plunger.....nothing.  The drain cleaner.....nothing.  A $nake.....nothing.  The phone book.....and called Roto Rooter!

I met the Roto Rooter guy at the hou$e the next day. While he check$ thing$ out, I $tart cleaning the $tove.  A few minute$ later, from the ba$ement I hear "Ma'am, can you come down here?"  I go down$tair$ and he say$ "You have a very old $et up here".  I $tart thinking, here we go. He'$ going to tell me we need to replace all thi$ plumbing and it'$ going to co$t u$ an arm and a leg....   He say$ "$ee thi$" and point$ up to thi$ rubber cap like thing on one of the pipe$.  He pu$he$ on it a few time$ and we hear all the water from the bathtub come ru$hing thru the pipe!  I look at him and $aid "I$ that all it took?" and he $aid "Yeah, but I'm $till going to have to charge you".   He added that at lea$t I would know what to do the next time. 

A $110.00 le$$on....thankfully I had a coupon!

1 comment:

  1. Hang on to coupons as you never know when
    you are going to be in dire need of them

    ReplyDelete