Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Decorations

Yesterday (Sat.), John and I spent the day at our rental property.  The realtor had been out this past week and gave us a list of things that we still need to do before listing the house. Ugh!  So while John finished painting the garage....


I scraped and painted the foundation blocks around the entire house and then painted the trim around the windows. I'm so sick of painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, guess what today was?  It was the last day of September so I spent it putting up my fall decorations. I always try to have it done for the 1st. of October so today was the day.


This took me way longer than it should have because like an idiot, I put my string of lights around the pillar without testing them first and of course they didn't work.  So I had to take them down, go to Walmart to get a new string of lights and then put them back up again. (Yes, I did test the new string before putting them up!) The old string did last several years so I guess I shouldn't complain.


I just love the colors of fall and most of the people in our neighborhood decorate and it always looks so nice. I also put up a few decorations inside the house. One of my favorite things is this "Fall Tree" by Lenox.  


It's something I splurged on a few years ago and wouldn't even think of spending that much money now on something that is out for a few weeks a year! 

Anyway, today was way more fun than yesterday!  HAPPY FALL!!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment