Thursday, October 4, 2012

Roses.....and Mud

One of the saddest things about the end of summer is watching all the flowers die.  The other day I cut one of my remaining rose buds and brought it inside.  It is now in it's full glory...one of God's masterpieces.



I just love flowers. When I see them I just can't believe how beautiful they are. From roses to wildflowers....each one unique.

When I was little I loved this poem and I've always remembered it....Lisa even resited it when she was in 3rd. grade:

Mud is very nice to feel, all squishy-squash between the toes! I'd rather wade in wiggly mud, than smell a yellow rose. Nobody else but the rosebush knows, how nice mud feels between the toes.

Back then I remember liking it because it was about mud....I could have cared less about the roses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment