Thursday, November 14, 2013

Winter... Like It or Not

What I  hate  dislike about winter...

- Wearing a coat.
- Slipping on ice.
- The NIPSCO bill.
- The laundry hamper filling up twice as fast.
- Getting in a freezing cold car.
- Pets left outside in the cold.
- Worrying about everyone I love, driving on icy roads.
- Daylight savings time.
- Breathing in air so cold that your nose hairs hurt.
- Dirty snow on the road sides.
- Yellow snow...you know what I mean.
- Those blow up Christmas lawn decorations.
- Running out of windshield washer fluid.
- My car covered with salt and dirt.
- Realizing people really do need those lines in order to park their cars.
- Shoveling the driveway.
- Sleet hitting me in the face.
- Not being able to open the windows.
- Pushing a shopping cart in an un-plowed parking lot.


What I  love  like about winter....

- An undisturbed, blanket of sparkly white snow. 
- Kids bundled up in snowsuits.
- Snuggling up under a blanket.
- Tree branches covered in snow.
- Wearing my Uggs.
- Soup.
- Ice cycles.
- Christmas lights.
- Slippers.
- Not hearing John complain about mowing the lawn.
- Snow angels.

Note: The blanket of sparkly snow, tree branches covered in snow and ice cycles are only enjoyed when viewing them from inside my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment