Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's a Creative Thing"

Ok, I don't know how to explain it other than to say it's a creative thing.

John doesn't understand it and I really don't think the people, who I have turned down, who have asked me to paint a piece of furniture for them understand it. I have to see a piece of furniture and WANT to paint it. I have to see it and think...I know what I can do with this. 

It is the reason that we have several pieces of furniture that John bought that have been sitting here a long time....I just don't want to paint them. 

I also struggle with weather or not I should paint a certain piece of furniture. I love old antique furniture and some things just shouldn't be painted.

The fear of ruining someones furniture also plays a part in it. If I don't understand someones description of what they want done, and it doesn't turn out like they envisioned....then what??

Having said all that....I did end up painting one small piece of furniture for a lady. She had a small but heavy child's rocking chair and she asked if I could "Shabby Chic" it up for her. She pointed to a piece of furniture in E-Six and asked me to paint it like that. So I had a pretty clear idea of what she wanted AND I liked the chair which helped.

This is the finished chair. I forgot to take a "Before" picture of it...
When I returned the finished chair to the lady she was very happy with it and I was relieved!

I think I will stick with buying pieces that I want to paint and hoping someone else sees them and likes them too!


No comments:

Post a Comment