Thursday, August 15, 2013

While John's Away..."

It is amazing how much you can get done when you can spend as much time as you want to working on something. 

John went to Pennsylvania for 3 days this week for work and I spent those days (and evenings) mainly working on furniture. I was able to finish several pieces. 

Before: 
After:

I forgot to take a before picture of this next one. It was a stained wood side table that was pretty scratched up, but was sturdy and I thought it was a steal at $3...

You might remember this next one from the picture of the garage sale finds I posted a couple weeks ago...

Before:

After: 

When John got home tonight, we loaded up and took them to E-Six. While we were there Peter (guy who runs the place) asked if we had time to speak to him.  He said that the vendor in his prime spot (front and center) was opening their own store (my dream) and that they were moving out.  He said he would like us to take that spot.  It is a much bigger area and because he wants us to take it, he is discounting the rent quite a bit. Sounds like a no brainer right?  Well, he has stipulations...he said he doesn't want any walls around the booth that goes in that spot. The people who had that space before didn't have walls and he liked how open it looked and he wants to keep it open.  The problem I have with it is that I like the red door walls in our booth. 
I like the look and I know people are already associating E-Six with that look.  If we move our booth I would like to keep that overall look and feel. I'm not sure I can do that without the red door walls. He wants us to let him know ASAP so I need to decide quickly. I think I will call him and talk about it some more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment