Saturday, August 3, 2013

Welcome August!

I call August the "Hurry Up" month. It is our last full month of summer, so it makes me feel like I have to hurry up and pack in as much outdoor things as possible.  

I started off August by going to the Amish Acres Festival on Thursday (the first day of August). I go almost every year and it is normally so hot out, but this time it was an enjoyable 73 degrees.

Then, Thursday evening John and I went to our 3rd. Concert in the Park.

Friday, (the 2nd. day of Aug.) I got a visit from my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Larry from New Mexico. They came to my house with my mom and my Aunt Anna and Uncle Dick. We had a nice visit (outside on the deck) and it was good to see them all. This is a picture of the 3 sisters, Anna, my Mom & Sharon...

Today, Saturday, (yes, Aug. 3rd.) I spent most of the day going to garage sales and to an estate sale to get things for E-Six. This is some of what I came home with...
I have big plans for the round side table and the tall corner cabinet!  And if you were wondering...no, this wouldn't all fit in my car. I had to call John to come meet me with his truck! :) But I did get that tall cabinet in my car!

I spent the rest of the day painting some furniture out in the garage enjoying the breeze from the overhead door...and then John grilled some tasty burgers for dinner. 

I'm going to try to soak up every bit of sunshine and fresh air that I possibly can before we have to say good-bye to summer 2013.










No comments:

Post a Comment