Wednesday, August 28, 2013

E-Six Expansion

"E-Six Flea Market Style" has expanded! It took a lot of work and there are still a couple things that we want to do to it, but for the most part it is done.

Last week was spent coming up with a design and then a plan. First in my head and then somewhat on paper. Then a trip to Lowe's for 18 - 4"x4"x8' posts...because 18 is how many the design in my head said we would need. I was questioning that number when we were loading all those heavy posts onto a cart, then loading them into Ty's truck and then unloading them at our house! (Thanks Ty for letting us use your truck)

The week also included a couple more trips to Lowe's for every kind of fastener and hanger we thought we may need and one evening spent cutting some of the posts into 14 braces.  

During this time I was also trying to get a couple more furniture items finish so we would have something to put in the booth when we were done!  Sorry, I didn't take "Before" pictures...
This next picture is closer to the actual color of the cabinet...


This was all leading up to Saturday...the big install day. I can't go any further without saying how grateful I was that Lisa and Ty were able to help us that day. There is no way John and I could have done it without their help. The entire time we were there I kept thanking them.

(Was I holding the post, or leaning on the post??)
Lisa didn't put her purse down the entire time! :)

We had to leave at 6:30 pm. We weren't anywhere near done, but the heavy and hardest part was done. So we packed up and headed across the street to Cock-A-Doodle Cafe to treat Lisa and Ty to a "Thank-You" dinner. 

The next morning John and I went back to work on the booth some more. (See, he is wearing a different shirt)...

One of my "ideas" was to hang some of the doors this time. I wanted the booth to resemble the old booth, but I also wanted to add a little "Urban Flare" to it. So we chose to let the hardware show on the posts and to use big hooks to hang the doors. 

We spent about 4 hours hanging doors and finishing up that day. Then Monday evening we ran electric to the booth and Tuesday evening we hauled over some furniture.

Today, I went and put some finishing touches on it.

We still want to hang some lights from the rafters and make a new sign for the other side of the booth. I'm sure we will make changes here and there, but for the most part it's done! 

Oh, in case you were wondering...we used all but one of those 18 posts. I always say, it is better to have one too many than to be one short!















2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, you did a beautiful job, so creative.
    I don't know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete