Monday, March 18, 2013

Muddy Boots & Pennies

Spent the weekend going to estate sales and auctions looking for furniture and items to fill E-Six.  Went to a huge farm auction in LaPorte on Sunday...froze our booties off and it was a muddy mess but I went prepared with my rubber ND boots...perfect since it was also St. Patrick's day!
There were a lot of people there and I got over bid on almost everything that I wanted... probably because I'm cheap! :) But we did end up with a couple things.

Saturday evening, John helped me finish up this end table I've been working on...

This is the before picture:

After painting it black with distressed copper accents I started gluing pennies on the top:

All heads up and facing the same directions of course! 
I needed John to help me apply the clear resin over them.  We couldn't take pictures of that application because he was pouring and I was spreading and leveling it out. You can't mess around when doing this! 


I've been wanting to do this to a table for a while and when we got this table I knew it would be perfect for it.  

Oh, and if you were wondering, it took 532 pennies to cover it. Thanks John for sorting through all your change for me!



1 comment:

  1. Penny Table turned out really nice. I can't
    imagine having the patience to glue all those
    pennies in place. Good Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete