Thursday, September 26, 2013

Splinters & Pearls


After finding this ad on Craig's List:

WE HAVE A LOT OF THIN BOARDS FOR BURNING. THEY ARE FROM WALLS WE GUTTED OUT A HOUSE AND IT HAD PLASTER WALLS THESE BOARDS THE LITTLE SLATS THEY RUN ON THE WALLS BEFORE THEY PLASTER. THERE IS A FEW LITTLE NAILS IN EACH BOARD SO BE CAREFUL WHEN LOADING IT. THIS STUFF WILL BURN EASILY AND MAKE A GREAT BONFIRE. TAKE ALL OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT. YOU CAN BACK IN THE GARAGE RIGHT UP TO IT FOR EASY LOADING. BRING SOME GLOVES FOR LOADING SO YOU DO NOT GET SPLINTERS.

There is something that I have been wanting to make with wood like this, so I called the number in the ad. Upon hearing my voice, the person on the phone said "Honey, this is really something a man should come and get. The wood is full of nails and I wouldn't want you to get hurt".   What?? I felt like I had just traveled back to the 1950's when women were supposed to stay home and clean house in a dress, heels and pearls....I don't know if that's really the way it was in the 50's but that is how the TV shows portrayed it! 

After a couple seconds of letting that statement sink in, I assured them that I would be ok and....Look what I brought home today!!

And I didn't even break a nail or get a splinter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment