Thursday, September 19, 2013

Like They Were Meant to Be!

Don't you just love it when things come together?  Me too! 

As you know, I spend most of my Friday's going to garage sales and estate sales and I normally come home with random pieces of small (because it has to fit in my Mini Cooper) furniture .  John will ask me why I bought this or what am I planning on doing with that odd ball piece and my response is always "the price was right (cheap) and maybe I will find something to go with it"...

This week I was finally able to group a few of those pieces together...

Before: (John actually brought the chair home and I got the corner table at a garage sale)
After:

Before:(the chairs were in an old barn at one house and the table came from an estate sale at another house)
After:
I was able to find out a little history on these chairs. They had a stamp on the back...
They were made by the American Seating Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The company was started in 1906 and is still in business today. These chairs were made in the 1930's and nick named the "Folding Forty" chairs because of the unique way they fold up (not like normal folding chairs) and they were used by the armed forces in World War II.  I think the neat thing about pairing these chairs with the table is that the table top also folds down. So all 3 pieces fold up for storage!

It was satisfying to take random pieces and make them look like they were meant to be together!

I also finished this large dresser this week...

and got a couple plant stands painted...


Tomorrow I will head back out in search of more random pieces of furniture that no one else wants...as long as the price is right and they will fit in my car!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment