Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week One - Done!

Well, I got through my first week back to work.  It is amazing how much you can forget after 3 years of being away!  All the employee's that I worked directly with before are no longer there...with the exception of one who isn't there yet but will be returning soon to work 2 days a week for the summer. She retired in January and boy am I looking forward to seeing her!  The employees that are there are not very accepting of me coming in and being their boss...and I haven't even started being bossy with them yet! :)  I did feel a little "breaking of the ice" on Saturday, so hoping things start to get better soon. 

I will have to say I was tired this week and my back was killing me!  I am happy to say that although my shoulder hurt some, it didn't hurt much more than my other shoulder did, so I'm taking that as a good sign.  But, because of this, I was only able to get one piece of furniture completed for E-Six this week. :( 

This is not a real "Before" picture because by the time I remembered to take the picture I had already sanded all the water rings and stains off the top and painted the base...
I used black paint to paint the base and 2 stripes and then used ebony stain on the other stripes and the drawer front. 
Got home from work around 6:25 Friday, had to apply a coat of paste wax, let it set up and buff it before John and I could loaded it up and take it over to E-Six. We got there shortly before closing time!

I did get a dresser started that I hope to finish up this week. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a before picture of this one because when we got it, it had glass stones glued and grouted all over the top of it!  The stones were all colors and all sizes so it was all bumpy on the top. It was crazy looking! It took John a long time to chip it all off and when he was done he left lots of gouges and we discovered a rather large crack in the top...we are guessing that is why they did this to begin with.  Here is a sneak peek after I have used a good deal of wood putty on it!
I am looking forward to seeing this one completed! 

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Carole, keep up the good work. Ilove all the items that you have done.

    ReplyDelete