Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Painting and....Screaming?

Lisa and Ty had a new storage building built at their house and they asked me if I would paint it for them.  Since I'm running out of things to paint at home, I thought why not?  It is a good size building, so it will take me all week to complete it I'm sure. 

Yesterday, I started painting the shutters, which I brought home to our house to do.


Today, I decided to start on the trim of the building.  Things started out pretty good...cool breeze and in the shade.  A couple hours in and both the shade and breeze were gone and I was starting to get hot and hungry!  But I kept pushing myself to do one more piece of trim before stopping. (Note to self: Next time just stop). While up on my ladder painting I saw a piece of splintered wood, one of several that I had to pick off, so I grabbed it and guess what?  This time it wasn't a splinter, it was a SPIDER!!!  I screamed and almost fell off my ladder!  (No surprise to anyone who knows me). After a quick look around to make sure no one saw me jumping and shaking, I packed up my stuff and went home.

Sorry Lisa and Ty, but any little splinters I find tomorrow will just get painted over and not removed!


No comments:

Post a Comment