Thursday, October 11, 2012

Early Birthday Present!!!

This past saturday John and I spent a good part of the day going to flea markets and antique stores.  We went with the intension of purchasing something that we could make something else out of.........let me back up. We've been watching some shows where people go to flea markets and buy something old and make something like a lamp out of it.  Anyway, that is why we went.  But, of course, I kept finding things I'd just like to have as they are. 

While we were looking we came across an old farm table.  I have always wanted one of these.  This one needed some work but the price was right and when I offered that it could be my birthday present.....well, that sealed the deal!  John will do just about anything to not have to shop for me! :)

So for the past few days I've been working on it.  Hand sanding years of stains and grime from the surface and then sealing and buffing it with a paste wax. 








I love the cracks in the top and I even love the spot where someone patched it with another piece of wood. 

I also sold our old dinning room table & chairs on Craigs List this week, so now I have money to shop for chairs! Happy Birthday to me! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment