Friday, May 31, 2013

1 + 1 = A Good Week!

I managed to finish two things for the booth this week.  
First is a great old coat tree that Ty's parents gave me.  They said it had been sitting in their garage for a really long time.  This is one of those pieces that I would have loved to leave unpainted but it had black grease soaked in one of the legs that wouldn't sand out and I also wanted to replace the hooks which left holes that needed patched, so I had to paint it.

Before:

After:

Next is a cabinet/hutch that John brought home one night after work.

Before:
I really didn't like this before it was painted, but I love this color...it is called Plymouth Blue. Pictures make it look lighter than it really is.  I used black on the details and put new black knobs on it.

After:
Back to work tomorrow. I had 2 days off in a row and it felt good!

1 comment:

  1. They both turned out beautifully. I always
    wanted a coat tree. That top really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete