Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Game Night

Every so often John and I have Lisa and Ty come over for a "Game Night". We play board games and card games and we have a big spread of snacks. This past Friday night "Game Night" was at their house and since we didn't get to see our niece Sarah and her brothers (our nephews) Joey and Tommy at Christmas we thought it would be nice to invite them too.

Friday morning I decided to make some Puppy Chow to take over and boy did I have a mess!

I decided to forgo the paper bag shaking method this time and use my large Tupperware bowl and lid.  The bags always seem to rip with all the shaking and online, they say using the bowl is better....


Well, I found that when shaking the bowl somehow pressure built up and when I removed the lid a big POOF of powder sugar came flying out! I had powder sugar everywhere...even on my pant leg!



Mess aside, it turned out really yummy. I also made dill pickle roll-ups and took some cold shrimp & sauce. 



We had a really good time and it was nice getting to see Sarah. The boys decided not to come...maybe we can talk them into it next time.  


1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out good, so glad you guys
    can get together and have a fun night.

    ReplyDelete